Ads 468x60px

Labels

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Laid Off

Well, yesterday I got laid off, so I didn't get a chance to make a post because I have been so busy looking for a new job. It is honestly a blessing, now I can hopefully find a job investing for a firm until my personal accounts are large enough for me to just live off of my monthly 25%. 25% of $1M is a lot better than 25% of $10K.

But back to my trading. I have been having a great month so far. Today I made 1.22%, only had a couple of small trades. The USD seems to have stalled out right before the non-farm payroll report comes out tomorrow. I don't typically use economic data as a factor in my trading, but the non-farm report is typically significant.

The big movers I see ending out the week is the EUR/NOK. I know this is an off currency pair for most people, but I love trading it. This pair can move 1500 pips in a single day. While the pips aren't really worth as much, the volatility allows for some great quick profits. I shorted the pair at 8.75500. The pair is 8.73890, so it is heading in the right direction. I have a T/P set up at 8.6745. This will give me a nice little boost in my account.

This week, my biggest movers were AUD/CAD, USD/JPY, GBP/CHF, EUR/USD, and AUD/NZD. I made some other trades that I took smaller 10-15 pip gains for, but all of the aforementioned trades were anywhere from 40 all the way to 100 pips int he AUD/CAD (which I actually rode up 100 pips and back down 40 pips).

This week has been a good one, I am a little above my goal right now, which is a good feeling, but as we all know, the FX market can be unforgiving and I may be up 10% today, but down 50% tomorrow... well lets hope 50% is an exaggeration lol... as long as you practice good money management, you won't have losses like that.

#YoungBuffett Out

0 comments :

Post a Comment